29 April 2013

Hello 2013

It's been a while since I wrote anything on here. I had been planning it in my head to write about our recent trip out of the country and sulk profusely about how it all ended too soon like most vacations or time off from work do. But I've been distracted, lazy and pregnant since February. Yes, you can all give me belly rubs, if you like. What I do NOT want to miss out sharing with you completely and let gather dust in my already cobwebby mind was our visit at a little chapel up a hill in Sedona, Arizona. Here are some photos from that trip.


One of the many breathtaking sights in hustle and bustle free Sedona.
At the entrance of the Chapel of the Holy Cross with my little girl, and her cousin Luis doing his classic funny face.

The Altar. Pews are also available for visitors to sit on.

There is also a spot designated for lighting candles and prayer petitions.




While I sat there praying, I suddenly felt this tremendous calmness rush through me. It was as if God at that very moment embraced me and I was filled with His grace. I cried happy tears for the first time in my life.  

Our Sedona trip was the last leg of our month long vacation in the US. I was sad toward the end since we will once again part from my sisters, their families and my mom. The experience in Sedona somehow lifted up my spirits and reminded me to be grateful for the many blessings I've received for the past year and the memories I will keep of that vacation.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a quiet, relaxing vacation spot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A must visit place when in the area :) Thanks for reading Ghadeer x

      Delete