19 September 2012

The Playlist and Johnny

After watching Tim Burton's Dark Shadows the other night, I found myself lusting over Johnny Depp once again. The infatuation began as far back as Edward Scissorhands,  waxed and waned over the years. It has been some time since I appreciated a film he stars in, and the last one I remember giving a thumbs up was his short stint in Alice in Wonderland as The Hatter. Too bad, The Tourist was panned a flop despite his team up with the equally hottie, Angelina Jolie. His general appeal seems to resonate in playing offbeat characters rather than the predictable heartthrob roles. I totally loved him in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. 

I've named the current playlist on my phone, "purple popcorn" for no profound reason other than my predilection for the color purple and love for food. The list is a mix of alternative rock, band and a tinge of soul.

 



Further down, the songs are:

Face of Faith by Nellie McKay - I first heard this song in the film, Rumor Has It. Too good not to share so here's the link (not the official music video but it will do) http://youtu.be/Q7UUh67j8ts

The Ghost in You by Duncan Sheik

Gravity by Sara Bareilles - A male friend of mine said, chicks dig this song. I have to agree with him on this one. Plus add to that the fact that Sara Bareilles is sheer talent. 

In My Place by Coldplay - This track is from their album, A Rush of Blood to the Head which to me has to be their best one. 

Linger by The Cranberries - I think, it was the lead vocals, Dolores O-Riordan who heralded the rock chic look.

Stay by Lisa Loeb - I love anything by Lisa Loeb.

Truthfully by Lisa Loeb

A Whiter Shade of Pale by Annie Lennox

Wonderwall by Oasis - Who knew Oasis had it in them to write the perfect love song. A part goes:

"Because maybe, you're gonna be the one that saves me
And after all, you're my wonderwall"

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi there pretty :) Love singing to Stay ♥

      Delete
  2. I followed your link on Lizzie's blog. Just want to tell you that I love your writing. You have a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks *grinning from ear to ear*

      I will check out your stuff too :)

      Delete